Who doesn’t like the sound of Bonfire Bacon Popovers? These are great when warm, and have such rich, smoky flavor from both the bacon and our Bonfire® Extra Bold Smoked Sea Salt — just don’t peek while they’re in the oven!
Enjoy another of our four SaltWorks Fall Recipe Contest runners-up: Bonfire® Bacon Popovers by Harvey Morris
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Bonfire® Extra Bold Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 425° F. Generously butter a popover pan (or standard muffin tin with 12 cups), and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and let cool. Coarsely chop the bacon into small bacon bits and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, Bonfire® Extra Bold Smoked Sea Salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together until well blended. Gently whisk in the flour mixture, followed by 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Gently fold in the crispy, chopped bacon. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the prepared popover pan, filling about 3/4 full and dividing equally. Bake the popovers for 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. The popovers should be crispy around the edges. Using a spatula, remove popovers from the pan and serve immediately.