Forget “pigs in a blanket,” or the latest bacon wrapped whatever, this bacon appetizer is the bacon appetizer of the gods, and should, indubitably, grace the buffet table at any gathering of 4 or more. Which brings me to my only quandary: what to call it? But before making big decisions, let’s cover the components of this mighty morsel: Club crackers, parmesan cheese, thinly sliced bacon, and – if you want to spice things up – Habanero Heat Sea Salt.
It sounds peculiar, no doubt, but once you try it, you’ll see why simply calling it a “bacon wrapped cracker” does it a disservice. Plus, say that three times fast, and you’ll really see why it does it a disservice. So…call them what you will: Bacon Blankets, Oinker Snacks, Swine Swaddles, Piggy Wraps, Cob Rollers, Parmy Porkers…whatever! Just enjoy and be prepared to make them again!
- 1 package Club Crackers
- 1 lb thinly sliced bacon
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Optional: Habanero Heat Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- Lay crackers face up on a baking sheet
- Scoop 1 teaspoon of grated parmesan onto each cracker
- Add a pinch of Habanero Heat to each scoop of cheese (optional)
- Slice package of bacon in half (for half pieces)
- Gently wrap each cracker completely with a half piece of bacon
- Be sure to cover the whole cracker, being mindful not to dump the cheese or leave cracker ends protruding.
- Place morsels on baking sheet with rack
- Bake for about 2 hours at 250 degrees