Whip up these delicious pumpkin cupcakes for a tasty halloween treat!
Salted Pumpkin Cupcakes
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Ocean Sea Salt (Fine Grain)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 1 cup cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese frosting
- Orange food coloring
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy; beat in eggs.
- Blend mashed pumpkin into the butter, sugar and egg mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the milk, blending until batter is smooth after each addition; stir in chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Spoon batter into well-greased and floured or paper-lined muffin tin cups. Fill cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Use orange food coloring to color the cream cheese frosting. Frost cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and finish with generous sprinkling of sugar, if desired.
- Makes 2 dozen cupcakes.
Grain of Salt http://www.grainofsalt.com/